Working with young fathers
Standard (two-day) course
A two-day training course to help managers, front-line workers and volunteers in a variety of settings (including Children’s Centres and other early years services, maternity services, Connexions, teenage pregnancy and youth offending teams):
- develop the confidence, knowledge and skills to work effectively with young dads
- explore and develop strategies to engage with young dads
- think about how to create a ‘whole team’ approach to engaging young dads
- plan needs-led approaches to engaging with and supporting young dads
- consider how to use networks to support young dads.
Participants on the course explore:
- why fathers of all ages are so important to children
- barriers to positive father-child engagement in families where mum and dad are together, and where they are not
- how services can reinforce these barriers, and how they can break them down
- the personal and cultural issues which shape our perceptions of young men/fathers
- effective recruitment strategies.
Introductory (one-day) course
We offer an introductory version of this course, in which participants explore and develop strategies to engage with young dads, begin to develop the confidence, knowledge and skills to work effectively with them and discover a ‘whole team’ approach to engaging them.
Prices start at £1550. Find out more from our National Practice Development Manager, Jeszemma Garratt on tel 0791 786 4130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.