Working with fathers in early years and children’s centres
Standard (two-day) course
A two-day training course that’s designed to help managers, front-line workers and volunteers in children’s centres and other early years settings:
- develop the confidence, knowledge and skills to work effectively with fathers
- explore and develop strategies to engage with fathers
- think about how to create a ‘whole team’ approach to engaging fathers
- plan needs-led approaches to engaging with and supporting fathers
- consider how to use networks to support fathers.
Participants on the course explore:
- why fathers are so important to children
- barriers to positive father-child engagement in families where mum and dad are together, and where they are not
- how early years services can reinforce these barriers, and how they can break them down
- the personal and cultural issues which shape our perceptions of men/fathers
- effective recruitment strategies.
Introductory (one-day) course
In this introductory version of the standard (two-day) course, participants explore and develop strategies to engage with fathers, begin to develop the confidence, knowledge and skills to work effectively with fathers and discover a ‘whole team’ approach to engaging fathers.
Book now or find out more
Prices range from £1500 to £5,400, depending on the length of course and numbers of participants. For more details contact our National Practice Development Manager Jeszemma Garratt at firstname.lastname@example.org or on tel. 0791 786 4140.