Supporting parent-couples through health visiting services
We are currently looking for sites to host this free training
This evidence-based training will provide an introduction to thinking about the couple/parental relationship. It will incorporate thinking about couple dynamics, including intergenerational influences, transition to parenthood, couple conflict and the impact on the child.
Built on a strong evidence base and drawing from current guidance, this training is suitable for all health visitors, managers and students on placements and will introduce practitioners to-
• The research on relationship distress and how to identify it
• Approaches to identifying and responding to relationship problems
• The evidence base linking children’s functioning and relationship conflict
• Understanding and exploring relational aspects of conflict and DV
• An understanding of infant attachment, couple dynamics and the family lifecycle
• Engaging fathers and tackling “mother-centric” practice
• Skills practice on communication techniques
• Skills practice on responding sensitively to relationship and sexual problems
• Information and skills practice in signposting
To find out more and explore the possibility of hosting this training, contact Jeszemma Garratt, tel: 07917 864130 or email: email@example.com.