Promoting men’s involvement as fathers: job opportunity in US
JOB OPPORTUNITY IN WASHINGTON D.C. (a work visa can be applied for, for the right candidate)
Promundo-US, an international non-governmental organization dedicated to gender equality and violence prevention, seeks a full-time Program Officer to serve as coordinator of the global MenCare initiative for promoting men’s involvement in caregiving and fatherhood. Duties include:
- Providing technical assistance to Promundo projects in the area of gender equality, violence prevention and promoting men’s participation in caregiving and fatherhood.
- Coordinating and carrying out program evaluation and formative research with partners in various settings in Latin America, sub-Saharan Africa, the Balkans, and Asia.
- Developing proposals and reports for funders.
- Organizing and implementing training workshops in the use of Promundo’s methodologies and approaches.
- Presentation of Promundo’s work at seminars and events globally.
- Assisting in developing budgets and managing expenses.
Founded in 1997, Promundo is an internationally recognized NGO working nationally in Brazil and globally in the area of gender equality and violence prevention. Promundo’s base of operations is Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, where it carries out community-based work to engage men and boys in gender equality; to prevent gender-based violence and violence against children; to reduce homophobia; and to empower and achieve the rights of women and girls. Promundo also serves as global co-Chair and Latin American coordinator of the MenEngage Alliance, a global network of NGOs and UN agencies working to engage men and boys in gender equality. The US office of Promundo coordinates technical assistance outside of Brazil, carries out advocacy globally and supports Promundo activities and fundraising in Brazil, and coordinates the global MenCare Campaign. For more information, see www.promundo.org.br
About the Position
The Program Officer will report to the Executive Director of Promundo-US, based in Washington, DC, and work with a dynamic team of nine-to-ten other staff plus consultants. The position requires up to 30%travel. The position is full-time and includes health insurance, paid leave, and retirement benefits. Salary is $55,000-$65,000 per annum depending on salary history and experience.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- A minimum of three years experience and a track record of success in program development, and technical assistance/program delivery in the field of gender equality
- Quantitative and qualitative research skills
- A minimum of three years experience and a track record of success in project and budget management
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills
- International experience
- Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese
Proposed starting date is August 2013.
To apply, please send a 1) resume, 2) cover letter, 3) writing sample, and 4) references by May 27, 2013, to: email@example.com
Please indicate in cover letter if you are a US citizen and, if not, your current visa status in the US if any. Candidates from outside the US are also encouraged to apply. As mentioned above, Promundo can apply for a work visa for the right candidate.