Working with risky fathers – conference
This one day conference, organised by the Family Rights Group, will explore social care practice with fathers who present a risk to their children.
The conference will:
- Launch the new Fathers Matter 3 publication including research findings and recommendations on working with risky fathers and their families
- Explore the findings of ground breaking action research in 3 local authorities on working with domestically abusive fathers including audits of case files and interviews/focus groups with mothers, fathers and social work professionals
- Hear about effective practices and international research on working with families which include risky fathers
- Hear from local authorities about how the recommendations from Fathers Matter work to date have been implemented
- Hear the views of young people about their experience of children’s social care and what could be done differently in working with families.