Job opportunity at Respect
Acting CEO (ref ACEO)
NJC point 46 (£41,841 incl. ILW)
Based at London Bridge, London, SE1
This is a temporary full-time post for a minimum of 9 months, to cover maternity leave, from 24th August 09
Respect is the UK membership association for domestic violence perpetrator programmes and associated support services. Our vision is to end abuse in intimate partner and close family relationships. Our key focus is on increasing the safety and well-being of victims by promoting, supporting, delivering and developing effective interventions with perpetrators.
The Acting CEO will provide leadership for Respect. The overall purpose of the role is to:
- Drive the strategic aims and direction of the organisation.
- Promote, co-ordinate and develop work to further the aims of Respect.
- Be a figurehead and represent the organisation at national & international levels.
- Inform and influence the development of relevant public policy.
- Ensure the organisation remains on a sound financial footing.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and have:
- A proven track-record of providing leadership and management in a similar setting
- A comprehensive understanding of the nature of domestic violence
- A proven track-record of successful fundraising
- Experience of overseeing complex finances
- The ability to represent Respect at a high level, including public speaking, sitting on committees and giving expert advice to a range of people and agencies
- A commitment to the aims & principles of Respect
We will consider secondments for this post.
For an application pack please quote the reference code ACEO and:
The closing date for applications is 12pm, Friday 5th June 2009
Shortlisting will take place on Monday 8th June 2009
Interviews are planned for Thursday 11th June 2009