Families in the balance: reconciling paid work and parenthood – Book Now!
Wednesday 14th October 2009
09:30 – 16:30
London School of Economics, Bankside House, 24 Sumner Street, London, SE1 9JA
Conference fee: £85
This one day national conference brings together academic experts and NatCen’s researchers to review the evidence on the effectiveness of current family-work reconciliation policies in meeting the needs of children, mothers and fathers and will consider how these policies should develop in the future.
Speakers will review developments in:
- Family-friendly working policies and their contribution to gender equality in the workplace and at home
- Childcare and early years policies, childcare use and child outcomes
Keynote speakers include:
- Professor Margaret O’Brien, Co-Director of the Centre for Research on the Child and the Family at the University of East Anglia
- Dr Roberta Guerrina, Senior Lecturer at the University of Surrey who has recently published a book ‘Mothering the Union’
- Ivana La Valle, Director of the Families and Children Research Group at NatCen
- Paul Bradshaw, Research Director at the Scottish Centre for Social Research
Morning: Presentation of papers
Afternoon: Workshops with presentations from researchers and practitioners
Conference close: Panel session
The conference is targeted at policy makers, the research and academic communities, practitioners, and organisations representing families and children.
To book a place please visit www.nrdc.org.uk/natcenAfrican-Caribbean fathers, Disability, Domestic violence, Drugs and alcohol, Early years, For employers, Maternity, Muslim fathers, Parenting education, Schools, Vulnerable families, Young fathers