Welcome to the Fatherhood Institute
The Fatherhood Institute, launched in January 2008, is the UK’s fatherhood think-tank.
Formerly Fathers Direct, the Institute (charity reg. no. 1075104):
• collates and publishes international research on fathers, fatherhood and different approaches to engaging with fathers by public services and employers
• helps shape national and local policies to ensure a father-inclusive approach to family policy
• injects research evidence on fathers and fatherhood into national debates about parenting and parental roles
• lobbies for changes in law, policy and practice to dismantle barriers to fathers’ care of infants and children
• is the UK’s leading provider of training, consultancy and publications on father-inclusive practice, for public and third sector agencies and employers.
The Institute’s vision is for a society that gives all children a strong and positive relationship with their father and any father-figures; supports both mothers and fathers as earners and carers; and prepares boys and girls for a future shared role in caring for children.
For more information about the organisation and what we do, click here.