Fifth annual Strengthening Families conference
The Race Equality Foundation’s fifth annual Strengthening Families, Strengthening Communities conference will take place at London’s Institute of Education on 10 July.
The event will provide an opportunity to share best practice and hear about developments in parenting education – focusing particularly on how to support families from minority ethnic backgrounds.
There will be a masterclass in how to deliver SFSC, for trained facilitators, and the conference will explore:
- what the children of parents who undertake parenting programmes think
- the likely impact of the Parenting Academy
- evidence about the impact of SFSC
- how to talk with children about sex and sexuality
- protecting children from guns, gangs and violence.
For further information email the SFSC conference team or telephone 020 7619 6233.
To view the final programme, which should be available after 1 June, visit the Race Equality Foundation website.Tags: African-Caribbean fathers, Early years, Muslim fathers, Separated families, Young fathers