Engaging Fathers Conference October 2007
Fathers Direct and the Newcastle Local Safeguarding Children Board in association with Children North East Fathers Plus are hosting a conference on Engaging Fathers on Friday 5 October 2007, at the Magpie Room, St James Park, Newcastle upon Tyne.
The conference will examine the challenges and opportunities of working with and supporting fathers and to highlight examples of good practice. It will look at important issues such as men and child protection services, engaging black and minority ethnic men, and engaging young and non-resident fathers.
Attending this conference is a great opportunity to hear about innovative projects that are successfully engaging and working with men. They will share the secrets to their success, identify the challenges they faced and how they overcame them, and highlight how their work has directly improved the wellbeing of the children in their care.
Who should attend?
• Children and Families Social Workers
• Fostering and Adoption Social Workers
• Sure Start professionals
• Children’s Centres professionals
• Family Support Workers
• Social Workers working with adults
• Child Protection Social Workers and team managers
• Anyone in health, social care, charities or the voluntary sector working with adult men or children.
For more details and a full programme click here.