Major conference on working effectively with men in children’s services
A conference being held at the end of October should be a great source of help and advice to anyone working in children’s services, and who wants to engage more effectively with dads.
The event, organised by Community Care magazine in partnership with Fathers Direct, is aimed at social workers, Sure Start and other children’s centre staff – and is set to include a keynote address from children’s minister Beverley Hughes, as well as contributions from leading academics and practitioners.
The one-day conference, to be held on 30 October in London, will focus on:
• Goals and challenges for social care agencies working with men
• Working effectively and safely with men
• Family assessments and the father-child relationship
• Research findings on fathers’ involvement with social care services
• Engaging black and minority ethnic men
• Foster and adoptive fathers
• Fathers, popular culture and social change
• Working with men in child protection systems
For more details, click on the Diary link towards the right of this page.
Tags: Early years