Children in Wales schools conference
Children in Wales is running a conference entitled Parents And Schools – Making The Connection at the University Conference Centre in Cardiff, on October 16.
The conference, timed to coincide with National Parenting Week and Family Learning Week, is being organised jointly by Children in Wales’ networks – Fforwm Magu Plant/Parenting Forum and Fatherhood Wales, and will include:
- An exploration of parent/family relationships with schools, taking into account ethnicity, class and gender issues
- Investigation of the Scottish model where there is legislation around the involvement of parents in schools
- Hawthorn Junior School, who won an award for family learning sharing their experience
- The launch of the results of a National Survey on parents’ relationships with their children’s schools
- Exploration of dads’ involvement and the impact of the forthcoming public sector Duty to Gender Equality Bill 2007
- The involvement of parents whose children have additional needs
Fathers Direct will deliver a workshop, as will other organisations including Governors Wales, SNAP Cymru and Parent Partnership Matters.
For more details email Lucy Akhtar or tel 029 2034 2434.Tags: Schools